Lost mannequin backpack review ♡



This is going to be a review on the backpack I bought from Lostmannequin! First off I want to brag about how amazing the lighting is in my new room, it makes reviewing things/taking pictures of things so much better! Do you guys like it?! Anyways, on to the review. I ordered this backpack on January 28th, and I got it on March 5th (I live in southern california) With shipping and everything it costed exactly $84.32. With that being said, I was a little hesitant to buy it because of the high price, and I was really sad that it took so long to get to me. The very first thing that I noticed is that its really stiff, and smelt pretty bad. My boyfriend made me roll all the windows down because he was getting a headache , so it smelled really bad. But I was really excited to have it with me! It was a lot bigger than I thought it would be, but then again I haven't used a real backpack since middle school.


Here are some up close details of the stitching. I haven't found any flaws in it at all, everything seems in tip top shape, but it does bother me that the backpack is really stiff. It give it the feeling of being cheap. I'm hoping that with more use it will become softer! 


Heres the first thing you'll see when you open up the bag with the draw strings. I was pretty disappointed with the quality of the label they put on the flap that is pretty useless to be honest. i'm thinking about just cutting it off.  The whole label alone isn't even straight.


Heres what the inside pockets look like! It has a little chain for keys, two tiny pockets that can fit a phone/wallet/id cards/money and then a bigger pocket thats about the size of a piece of regular lined paper.


Both sides of the bag features these really big pockets! You could fit hamburgers in there. Thats what i'm going to do.


Heres the back! The white straps give you tons of room so if you want it loose or tight on your back it'll work. The straps are a little stiff, and meh. I really hope it softens up! They don't have much padding or anything so if you want this for school it might hurt your shoulders a little bit. Another thing I was going to mention is that this backpack is large enough to hold two or three standard size text books.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Overall I would probably rate this backpack a 8/10. There are some downfalls but thats me being picky! I'm pretty sure it will soften with some use. I bought this with the intentions of taking it to disneyland over the summer, (I'm buying a year pass soon!) to the beach, and to use while riding my bike! I do think the price should be lowered a bit though, it is really expensive, but if you're looking for something really cute to carry your books in, or just a cute backpack in general I would get this! They also feature this same backpack in different colors but I wanted the all pink one (typical me) I hope this review helped you a bit, and if you have any more questions about the backpack just let me know in the comments and i'll do my best to respond to it!






13 comments :

  1. My friend got one and the wings fell off within a week. Plus, it took FOREVER to ship and I'm pretty sure hers smelled bad, too. I'm really disappointed with this company and the high price they put on something that is such low quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i really hope my wings don't come off! *tear* I think the honest price should be $30.

      Delete
    2. Keep an eye on it when you wear it around!

      Delete
  2. I got one a couple of weeks ago and i wasn't impressed for the price. First, sipping took forever. I had to email them twice and after no reply the first time the second got a reply turns out it was finished for a while and they forgot to ship it. OK. Then when it got it I realized here were still silver pencil marks from the tailor. Also the glue was visible and it just looked really cheaply made. Mine didn't smell though. Now I've been using it for awhile and the pink leather color is starting to turn yellow Where it touches my back and shoulders while I'm wearing it. I'm Also too scared to put much more than my MacBook in it with books because the straps look REALLY strained. It's really cute though so I'm sad. I was thinking about buying a fake from eBay to compare them even.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i got a black one from LM and an ebay off brand pink/blue one. Here's my quick win/loss rundown. EBAY pros- free shipping, faster turnover, straps aren't skinny little white dangly cheap things but thick pink seatbelt straps, bag is a little smaller as are the outer pockets but reasonable, chunky gold rivets, color is a bit "peachier" of a pink. Cons on the EBAY bag: no key clip inside, fewer inner pockets, no zipper on the back for easy access, no LM logos, the straps are both pink not one pink one blue, wings don't flutter and are sewed down really well.

      Delete
    2. also the fabric is soft to the hand and less rigid pu

      Delete
    3. Where did you find this knockoff? Can you provide a link? Thanks!

      Delete
    4. you should be able to find it if you just look for wings backpack on ebay. and thanks for the comparison of LM and ebay michaela! that really help because I've been wondering the diff of the two! ^^

      Delete
  3. what camera do you use? if you don't mind me asking :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the black one, and I've carried many heavy things with it, traveled with it, dragged it, etc. I think the material is slightly different with the colors because my friend has the blue/pink one. Hers is more stiff and she told me one of the stitches are ripping.. But I don't know where for sure. I'm really really pleased with my black one though! No complaints at all.

    I just think people are impatient and they probably get many emails now since the bags are getting more popular, so I wouldn't rush them, especially for the fact that they ship from Malaysia (even if it's expensive, but I think good thoughts and wait for the day because it's totally worth all of my patience and money!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you had problems with it yet? I want to get the black one for summer!

      Delete
  5. I bought mine in December and it arrived in January (From Scotland) maybe I just got lucky because mine wasn't stiff and didn't smell =o. The wings are also still on there, I use it for school and I have multiple folders to put in and it's still stayed put. Mine is very well made and I adore it and I thought it was worth the money 100% I bought the blue and pink one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My wing fell off the day after I got it. The magnetic buttons aren't "deep" enough or whatever to properly catch, thus they come undone easily and things fall out which makes it pointless. I think after the fifth use, the metal around the holes for the drawstring opening started falling off as well. Paid waaaayyy too much for it.

    ReplyDelete